Please explore hotel options at: http://www.nyu.edu/life/travel-and-transportation/nyu-traveler/discounts.html
Henry Kaufman Management Center
44 West Fourth Street
New York, NY 10012-1126
Fly into John F. Kennedy Airport, LaGuardia Airport or Newark Liberty Airport, then take either a taxi or public transportation to NYU Stern or New York City.
• Taxis and car services are available at all local airports and, although they cost more than public transportation, are generally your best bet.
• Ask your driver to take you to West 4th Street and Greene Street.
• Plan on spending at least $25 to $40 depending on the airport and time of day. Often tolls are in addition to the fare and not on the meter. Tipping a courteous taxi driver is customary in New York City.
Airport Shuttle Bus
• If you would like to take public transportation from any of the local airports, take an airport shuttle bus to either Port Authority Bus Terminal or Grand Central Station, then:
• From Port Authority, follow the subway directions for the Eighth Avenue Subway on the “By Subway or Bus” tab.
• From Grand Central, follow the Lexington Avenue Subway directions on the “By Subway or Bus” tab.
• AirTrain service runs from JFK and Newark Liberty Airports. Please visit the AirTrain JFK or AirTrain Newark website for more details.
• For travel from JFK it is advisable to connect in Jamaica to New York Penn Station.
• Once you arrive in Penn Station follow the A, C, E Subway directions on the “By Subway or Bus” tab.
New York City is served by Amtrak, Metro-North, the Long Island Railroad and New Jersey PATH Trains. Please follow the directions below to visit the Stern Campus.
Metro-North into Grand Central Station
• Take the Lexington Avenue subway (#6 train only) downtown to Astor Place Station.
• Go west on Astor Place to Broadway.
• Walk south on Broadway to West 4th Street.
• Walk west on West 4th Street to Greene Street.
Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) and Amtrak into Pennsylvania Station
• Take the Eighth Avenue subway (A, C, or E train) downtown to West Fourth-Washington Square Station.
• Exit on the West 3rd Street side.
• Walk north on the Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue) one block to West 4th Street.
• Walk east on West 4th to Greene Street.
PATH Trains from New Jersey
• Take train to Ninth Street Station (Sixth Avenue and Ninth Street), then walk south to West 4th Street and east to Greene Street.
Please check http://www.panynj.gov/ for current bridge and tunnel restrictions.
From the North or Northeast
• Take the NY State Thruway to the Robert F. Kennedy (Triborough) Bridge, which becomes the Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx, to FDR Drive in Manhattan.
• Follow FDR Drive south to Houston Street.
• Continue west on Houston Street to Sixth Avenue (also called Avenue of the Americas).
• Turn right on Sixth Avenue and travel north two blocks to West Fourth Street.
• Turn right on West Fourth Street, then continue east on West Fourth Street until you reach Greene Street.
From the Northwest, West, and South
• Go through the Holland Tunnel, then follow signs for Canal Street East.
• Make the first left PAST Sixth Avenue onto West Broadway.
• West Broadway will turn into LaGuardia. Take it all the way north to Washington Square South (W. 4th Street) – make a right and go until Greene Street.
From the George Washington Bridge
• Go south on the Henry Hudson Parkway (turns into the West Side Highway/12th Avenue) to 23rd Street.
• Turn left on 23rd Street to Fifth Avenue.
• Turn right on Fifth Avenue to Washington Square.
• At Washington Square take right on Washington Square North.
• Take first left on to Washington Square West and then left on to Washington Square South (West Fourth Street).
• Continue on West Fourth Street until you reach Greene Street.
Getting to Stern by Bus
All Greyhound and New Jersey Transit buses go to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. From there, take the Eighth Avenue subway as described below or a taxi to West 4th Street and Greene Street.
Getting to Stern by Subway
Depending on your location in the city, you can do one of the following to get to Stern:
• Take the green Lexington Avenue subway (6 train) to Astor Place Station. Go west on Astor Place to Broadway. Turn left (south) on Broadway and walk to West Fourth Street. Turn right (west) on West Fourth Street and walk to Washington Square East. Turn left into the courtyard. NYU Stern will be on your left.
• Take the yellow Broadway subway (R or N train) to 8th St-NYU Station. At Broadway, walk south to West Fourth Street. Turn right (west) on West Fourth Street and walk to Washington Square East. Turn left into the courtyard. NYU Stern will be on your left.
• Take the orange Sixth Avenue subway (F, M, B, or D train) to West 4th Street Station. Walk east on West Fourth Street walk to Washington Square East. Turn right into the courtyard. NYU Stern will be on your left.
• Take the blue Eighth Avenue subway (A, C, or E train) to West 4th Street Station. Walk east on West Fourth Street to Washington Square East. Turn right into the courtyard. NYU Stern will be on your left.
• Take the red Seventh Avenue subway (1 train) to Christopher Street-Sheridan Square Station. Walk east on Christopher Street to West Fourth Street. Continue east on West Fourth Street to Washington Square East. Turn right into the courtyard. NYU Stern will be on your left.
When you arrive at the intersection of West 4th Street and Greene Street, you will be in front of Stern’s Gould Plaza.
• To register for the forum, go to Henry Kaufman Management Center, located at 44 West Fourth Street.